Apply For a Passport
The Rockingham County Circuit Court Clerk's Office is an authorized passport acceptance facility. We accept passports applications Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Appointments are not required. You should plan to arrive by 4:00 PM in order to have time to finish the process. Our office does offer expedited service. Please note that expedited service is an additional fee of $60.
Passport forms are available in our lobby or you can complete the form online and print prior to coming to our office.
What to bring with you:
- Completed Application
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship**Please note that if you plan to visit our office, electronic devices such as phones, tablets, computers, etc. are not allowed in the building.**
- Recent Color Photograph - Our office does not take photos on site.
- Application Fee per individual application (amount varies based on document(s) applied for and processing time) - Checks (personal, certified, cashier's and traveler's checks are acceptable, starter checks are not acceptable) and money orders payable to "U.S. Department of State". Credit and debit cards CANNOT be accepted.
- Execution Fee (paid separately) - $25 until March 31, 2018, increases to $35 on April 1, 2018 - Can be cash, check, money order or credit card. All credit card transactions will include a 4% surcharge. Checks can be made payable to Clerk of Court.
View the Current Processing Times
You can renew by mail using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport:
- Is submitted with your application
- Is undamaged (other than normal "wear and tear")
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
authorized passport acceptance facilities
|Harrisonburg Post Office
3811 South Main St
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
- By appointment only
|Bridgewater Community Center
201 Green St
Bridgewater, VA 22812
Contact Person: Gwen Gottfried
- No appointment necessary
|Grottoes Post Office
110 6th St
Grottoes, VA 24441
- By appointment only