Request for Duplicate Permit


In some instances, a duplicate concealed handgun permit can be issued. The original concealed handgun permit must be current and issued by Rockingham County Circuit Court.


  • Change of Address: old permit will need to be surrendered prior to or upon issuance of new permit.
  • Lost, Stolen or Destroyed: If your permit is lost, stolen or destroyed, you may request a replacement.


  • For change of address, complete SP-248A Change of Address form to submit to our office.
  •  If lost, stolen or destroyed, a signed statement is required. Must be notarized or signed before a deputy clerk.
  • Self Addressed Stamped Envelope, if you want re-issued permit mailed to you.


  • Fees and Methods of Payment:
    • $10
    • We accept cash, checks, money orders and credit cards. All credit card transactions will include a 4% surcharge. Checks can be made payable to Clerk of Court.
  • Where to file:
    Rockingham County Circuit Court
    Attn: CHP Clerk
    80 Court Square
    Harrisonburg, VA 22802
Note: The concealed handgun permit clerk will notify you once the duplicate permit has been issued.